HAMILTONTECHHISTORYTake Control it's your life
Year Founded – 1969
Founder – Charles Hamilton, Jr.
About the Founder
Our founder, Charles Hamilton, Jr., began the college by preparing students to take the Federal Communications Commission examination for broadcasting. While teaching students around his kitchen table he envisioned going beyond test preparation to training students to be broadcasters. Soon his vision grew with the needs of the employers in the community and an Electronics program developed in 1978. In 1980, as the program grew, the name was changed to Hamilton Technical College.
Current Leadership, Corporate Officers
- President and C.E.O. - Maryanne Hamilton
- Vice President and Secretary - Lisa Boyd
- Treasurer - Michelle Carlisle
Hamilton Tech maintains representative membership in the following professional organizations:
- Better Business Bureau, Davenport
- National Student Employment Association
- Association on Higher Education and Disabilities
- Iowa Association of Life-Long Learning
- Iowa Quad City Chamber of Commerce, Davenport, Iowa
- United States Chamber of Commerce, Washington D.C.
- Bettendorf Chamber of Commerce, Bettendorf, Iowa
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Great River Human Resource Association
- National Center for Competency Testing
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- Quad City Computer Society
- Electronics Technicians Association International, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Robotics International of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Davenport/Rock Island Chapter
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- Multi-Skilled Medical Professional’s Association
Hamilton Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Hamilton Tech College, Ltd.
1011 East 53rd Street
Davenport, Iowa 52807 Phone: (563)386-3570
Toll Free: (866)966-4825
Forward this Info